SCIENCE, APOLOGETICS AND BIBLICAL ARCHAEOLOGY
Leave Your Comment Below
Photo Credit: fritzmb
"I know of no finding in archaeology that's properly confirmed which is in opposition to the Scriptures. The Bible is the most accurate history textbook the world has ever seen."
- Dr Clifford Wilson - Australian Young Earth Creationist, Archaeologist, Author, Psycholinguist, formerly director of the Australian Institute of Archaeology
Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham - Short Version
Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham - HD (Official)
Creationist Stumps Evolutionary Professors with ONE Question! -Ray Comfort, Living Waters
Quotes From Top Christian Apologists
"While many have doubted the accuracy of the Bible, time and continued research have consistently demonstrated that the Word of God is better informed than its critics. In fact, while thousands of finds from the ancient world support in broad outline and often in detail the biblical picture, not one incontrovertible find has ever contradicted the Bible."
- Norman Leo Geisler - Systematic Theologian and Philosopher
"The Christian faith does not call for us to put our minds on the shelf, to fly in the face of common sense and history, or to make a leap of faith into the dark. The rational person, fully apprised of the evidence, can confidently believe."
- William Lane Craig - Analytic Philosopher, Theologian, Christian Apologist, and Author
"What (Stephen) Hawking says in his book The Grand Design is the universe exists because it needed to exist, and because it needed to exist, it therefore created itself. His conclusion merely restates his premise, which means his argument is circular. Nonsense is nonsense, even when spoken by famous scientists."
- John Carson Lennox - Mathematician, Bioethicist, Christian Apologist - Numerous public debates with atheists including Richard Dawkins, and Christopher Hitchens
"Our reasons for believing Jesus existed and also that He was who He claimed to be - the God who came down - are the same reasons for believing any fact of history: the documentation is substantial and it passes all the tests of historical reliability. Scholars - both liberal and conservative - overwhelming agree that Jesus of Nazareth was a man of history and the Gospels, on the main, tell His story accurately."
- Greg Koukl - Christian Apologist, Radio talk show host, Author, Speaker, and founder of Stand to Reason
"We need to attack the false foundation of autonomous human reasoning that leads to evolution and millions of years, and proclaim that God's revealed Word is authoritative and its history of the world is foundational to Christian morality and the gospel of Jesus Christ."
- Kenneth Alfred Ham -Christian Fundamentalist, Young Earth Creationist , Apologist, and founder and CEO, of Answers in Genesis (AiG)
"If skeptics were willing to give the Gospels the same 'benefit of the doubt' they are willing to give other ancient documents, the Gospels would easily pass the test of authorship."
- J. Warner Wallace -Homicide detective, Christian apologist, Senior Fellow at the Colson Center for Christian Worldview, Adjunct Professor of Apologetics, Author of several books, including Cold-Case Christianity, God's Crime Scene, and Forensic Faith
"Atheist's denial of God's existence needs just as much substantiation as does the theist's claim; the atheist must give plausible reasons for rejecting God's existence."
- Paul Copan - Christian Theologian, Analytic philosopher, Apologist, Author, Professor at Palm Beach Atlantic University
"Dawkins's problem is that he doesn't know the difference between probabilistic empirical theorizing and strict metaphysical demonstration, and thus misreads an attempt at the latter as if it were the former. That is not to say that Aquinas might not be mistaken at some point in the argument - though obviously I don't think he is - but if you're going to show that he is, you first need to understand what kind of argument he is giving, and thus what kind of mistake he'd be making if he's made one at all."
- Edward Feser - American Philosopher, Associate Professor at Pasadena City College
"Looking at the doctrine of Darwinism, which undergirded my atheism for so many years, it didn't take me long to conclude that it was simply too far-fetched to be credible. I realized that if I were to embrace Darwinism and its underlying premise of naturalism, I would have to believe that: 1. Nothing produces everything 2. Non-life produces life 3. Randomness produces fine-tuning 4. Chaos produces information 5. Unconsciousness produces consciousness 6. Non-reason produces reason....The central pillars of evolutionary theory quickly rotted away when exposed to scrutiny."
- Lee Strobel - Author, Apologist, Television Host of Faith Under Fire, Investigative Journalist
"After I set out to refute Christianity intellectually and couldn't, I came to the conclusion the Bible was true and Jesus Christ was God's Son."
- Josh McDowell - Apologist , Evangelist, Author or co-author of over 150 books, including "Evidence That Demands a Verdict"
"I was at this time living, like so many Atheists or Antitheists, in a whirl of contradictions. I maintained that God did not exist. I was also very angry with God for not existing. I was equally angry with Him for creating a world."
- C.S. Lewis - British Writer, Lay Theologian. He held academic positions in English literature at both Oxford University and Cambridge University
"It's natural to be skeptical of a story like Noah. However, the greatest miracle in the Bible is not Noah and the flood. The greatest miracle in the Bible is recorded in the first verse: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." If that miracle is true, then every miracle in the Bible is at least possible (including Noah's Ark). If God created the universe, then He can do whatever He wants inside it."
- Frank Turek - Christian Apologist, Author, Public Speaker, Radio Host, Founder and President of CrossExamined.org, Co-authored along with Norman Geisler of Legislating Morality and I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
"According to PhD astrophysicists and qualified American science professors, the odds of the more than 2,500 prophecies found in the Bible being fulfilled by chance are 1 with 2,000 zeros after it. According to the mathematical science of probability, if a number has more than 50 zeros after it, the odds of that happening by chance is virtually impossible. This is irrefutable proof that the Bible is inspired by God!"
- Hugh Ross - Canadian Astrophysicist, Christian Apologist, Old Earth Creationist, Founder Reasons to Believe
"There is an immediate payoff to intelligent design: it destroys the atheistic legacy of Darwinian evolution. Intelligent design makes it impossible to be an intellectually fulfilled atheist."
- William A. Dembski - Mathematician, Philosopher, Theologian, Proponent of Intelligent Design (ID), Pseudoscience, and Senior Fellow of the Discovery Institute's Center for Science and Culture
Do you know how to become a Christian? Do you know how to go to heaven? Let's get this matter settled once and for all! Visit my page, HOW TO KNOW GOD →